The First #SmartHomeChat: JOIN US!
By Crystal Watts
| Posted November 27, 2014
When: Wednesday, December 10, 2014 at 2:00 p.m. EST (12:00 p.m. MT)
Topic: Smart Home Technology, Trends & Insights
Moderator: Jeremy Glowacki of Residential Systems (@resisys)
Reasons to join:
How to join the chat:
- Discuss the basic concept of the smart home, benefits of the technology
- Gain a better understanding of how to get started and work with a CI pro
- Share predictions as to where the technology is headed
- Network with custom integration professionals, smart homeowners, tech lovers
- Ask your peers questions about the smart home & their projects
- Learn about emerging smart home technologies & trends
- Have fun interacting on Twitter and gain new followers!
It’s easy to join a Twitter chat! Below are two ways we prefer.
- Simply login to Twitter.
- In the top right-hand corner you will see the “Search Twitter” tool bar.
- Type in #SmartHomeChat. This will bring you to a live stream of everyone using the #SmartHomeChat hashtag. Be sure to click “All” to view all tweets in the broader conversation.
- Remember, you will have to continually load and refresh the page to see the most updated tweets, which makes this method a bit more cumbersome.
- You can also try TweetChat.
- Around 1:55 pm EST on Wednesday the 10th go to the URL TweetChat.com.
- Once on the site, enter the #SmartHomeChat hashtag into the search bubble. You will then be prompted to authorize the app and/or login to your Twitter account.
- Now you can tweet directly from TweetChat while viewing the entire conversation stream.
We hope to build off this chat by creating an ongoing discussion on relevant smart home and IoT topics that will help consumers, CI pros and general tech lovers share ideas and insight, swap best practices and discuss impactful tech trends.
- Jeremy Glowacki of Residential Systems (@resisys) will be the chat moderator. He will post the first question by tweeting “Q1: XXXX…” (with the question following)
- Example – Q1: What does a smart home mean to you? #smarthomechat
- To answer the question just tweet back “A1: XXXX… (with your answer or comment here)
- Example – A1: A smart home is one that offers comfort, security, entertainment and convenience via all devices working together.
- Feel free to Re-Tweet other users in the chat of comment directly to them, remember to always use the #SmartHomeChat hashtag so we can keep track of the entire conversation
- Chat, ask, tweet about the current question until question two (which will be labeled “Q2”, then “Q3”, etc.). Do not feel rushed, it is not a quiz, it is more of a conversation builder encouraging feedback on each question.
- Also remember, when using TweetChat.com there is no need to enter #SmartHomeChat at the end of every tweet you send. The program will automatically enter it after what you type in the comment box.
- Your tweet will take a second or two to show up so do not worry if you do not see it right away.
While we gear up, be sure to follow @Control4 on Twitter if you are not already – we’ll be tweeting right alongside of you and sharing our smart home ideas as well. If you have questions, please let us know – we’re looking forward to chatting with you!