This post comes to us from Glenn Clapp, Director, Embedded Software.
(Scroll down for additional photos of mustached majesty.)
For the second year in a row, employees of Control4 participated in Movember
to raise money and awareness for prostate and testicular cancer research and general men’s health. The team, Fans of Control4
, was created as an open group for anyone who wished to join in and help with this worthy cause. Men (Mo Bros) and women (Mo Sistas
) were welcome to participate in the fun and fund-raising efforts by growing a distinguished moustache. Or not.
This year, twenty-one Mo Bros joined the team and raised over $1,000, doubling last year’s numbers. And due to a generous matching donation from a local charitable foundation, the final number will come in around $2,000.
Everyone who participated had a great time. No matter what style of “mo” a team member grew or to what degree, they all look dashing and exude confidence, sophistication, and have a well-deserved swagger.
Now for some statistics:
- As I write this, Movember has raised $95,889,999, and corporate and other matching donations are not due in until the ninth of December. So this number will likely exceed $100-million!
- Canada with 173,202 participants raised $26,829,489
- The UK with 254,877 participants raised $21,200,190
- The USA, in third place, with 219,132 participants raised $18,927,951
- Australia where Movember originated with 122,351 participants raised $18,908,476
- Ireland rounding out the top five with 17,287 participants raised $1,117,815
- The Fans of Control4 team finished ranked 3867 nationally
- Since the first beginnings in 2003, 3,058,500 Mo Bros and Mo Sistas have participated, raising $433,649,258 and funding 581 men’s health projects.
I suspect by this point, many readers are kicking themselves for not joining in the fun and lamenting the lack of exemplary style and raw sex-appeal that those with a naked upper-lip tend to suffer. But don’t you worry – this global “MOvement” is continuing to grow each and every year.
Here are some of the photos documenting the Control4 mustache-growing event of Movember. Some ‘staches massive, some minimal...but ALL for a good cause.
Director Embedded Software
For larger images, please visit our Movember Pinterest board