iOS 11 Updates Affecting Legacy MyHome App for Control4 Homes
| Posted September 20, 2017
|Today, Apple released the latest version of Apple® iOS for iPhone and iPad. With iOS 11, Apple is ending support for 32-bit iPhone and iPad apps. For homes running Control4 OS 2.5.3 and earlier, the legacy Control4 MyHome apps (with the grey app icon) will not be able to be installed on iPhones and iPads running iOS 11. || |
Who is affected by this change:
What this means for you:
- Homes running Control4 OS 1.7.4-2.5.3 and using the legacy Control4 MyHome app (the app with the grey icon).
- You will not be able to run or install the legacy MyHome app on an iPhone or iPad running iOS 11.
- In order to use the current Control4 app with iOS 11, you will need to upgrade your Control4 system to our latest software, Control4 OS 2.10, which may require an upgrade of some Control4 devices in your home.
- With the help of your Control4 Authorized Dealer, upgrade your home to Control4 OS 2.10, and begin using the current Control4 app for iOS. In addition to continued access to the Control4 app with iOS 11, you will also receive many software feature enhancements.
- Your system may be eligible for a discount to upgrade to an EA Series Smart Home Controller. Ask your dealer for details.
- If you rely on the legacy MyHome app to connect to your home, we recommend you wait to upgrade your iPhone or iPad to iOS 11 until you have determined an upgrade path with your Control4 Authorized Dealer.
|We apologize for any inconvenience this may create. |
The Control4 Team